Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Stomach of LokiCon


I hated….simply loathed…losing any gaming time. But I had to pay the piper for the trip down. It was a small investment and worth it in the long run.

One of the things I had done was bring a metric crap ton of food. The list is as follows:
16 ¼-Pound Hamburger Patties
5 lbs Italian Sausage (hot!)
5 lbs Frozen Chicken Breasts.
2.5 lbs Bacon
8 lbs Fries
28 oz Garlic Bread
2 Bags Tortilla Chips
2 Bags Pretzels
2 Bags Potato Chips
1 pkg Oreos
2 Bags Animal Crackers
24 bottles water
24 bottles Propel

This is a small list compared to what diaglo brought. I think he got something like 15 dozen eggs, pounds and pounds of bacon, and a ton of other stuff. There was so much that the freezer did not have room for everything. So we put a bunch of ice in my cooler to keep my stuff chilled. This worked better than I hoped…but not everything made it. I think we went through just about all of what I brought except for a few things. Strithe brought his own chicken for his chef work, so that did not get touched. One bag of the animal crackers was left as was a bunch of the water and Propel. Fortunately, the chicken that made it until there was room in the freezer, so I was able to bring those back home.. The fries, however, did not fare so well, so I had to dump them on the trip home. I left the bacon behind for folks to enjoy on Monday morning and brought the left over water, Proper, and animal crackers home.

I bring this up because before I had allowed sleep to overtake me, diaglo and I had discussed cooking up that Italian sausage. When I woke, it had all been cooked up. There was a whole pan left – most everyone else ate while I was crashed. But I was able to wolf down a bunch. It was delicious. Asking around, it seemed that everyone enjoyed my sausage…

What?

The nap brings one of my few regrets – the sleep did cost me a spot (I think) in the Old School Hack Fallout/Post Apoc game run by Rel. I played about 30 minutes of OSH when it was in the final stages of development in an online combat run through. I was interested to see it in a different genre and in the hands of a GM I know can run a good game. Alas, I’ll have to wait a bit longer for either/both…

I have to say, we ate really well. Things like BBQ Pulled Pork, Chili, and  a Rosemary Chicken dish (I never did get to taste) for dinner. Biscuits & gravy for breakfast with scrambled eggs and bacon. Hamburgers and Italian Sausage on the grill for lunch. All kinds of booze and soda to drink...chips, cookies, snacks....it was awesome....

No comments:

Post a Comment